Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Westchester-IL
Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
This position will be based in Westchester, IL and report directly to the Sales Manager.
This is a great opportunity to be a key player in the management and success of several material operations. This position is responsible for a large territory and unique operations and has a lot to offer a motivated candidate in terms of challenges, experience, and potential for future growth.
What you’ll get to do
• Effectively maintain a pipeline of further business activity from existing customers and generate new business customers.
• Ensure a consistently high level of service offering to all existing and prospective customers.
• Formulate, develop and coordinate the delivery of highly valued account plans for existing and potential new customers that achieve a mutual business outcome
• Identify strategic and key business opportunities within the market and ensure these opportunities are converted into new business activity
• Identify and develop relationships with key prospects and decision makers of existing customers, effectively communicating Lehigh Hanson’s value and unique selling proposition and differentiators
• Regularly conduct market analysis and gather market intelligence within the industry.
• Identify opportunities to “add value” and contribute to the success of the customers’ businesses
• Continuously network with key supplier outlets (e.g. developers, construction companies, major infrastructure and industry bodies)
• Be actively involved with various industry bodies with the aim of monitoring industry development and providing information to prospects and existing customers on industry and market trends
• Achieve territory/account sales volume targets as well as new product volume targets
• Collaboratively, work with and influence the Region’s customer service teams within the territory
• Regularly attend industry functions (e.g. industry events and conferences)
• Effectively and efficiently ensure deals are closed, and all activities are aligned to Lehigh Hanson’s Company Values and Building Blocks
• Be actively involved in the preparation of annual sales budgets for the relevant territory
• Proactively collaborate with customers & internal stakeholders to achieve desired win-win outcomes
• Implement and support segment strategies and achieve targets
• Develop a positive relationship with the Lehigh Hanson aggregate production facilities and foster a teamwork driven environment.
• Build a strong safety culture & ensure compliance with all safety & environmental regulations.
Essential Experience and Skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience selling construction aggregates (gravel, limestone, fine sand and concrete sand) or related products.
• A proven track record that shows sales growth.
• Experience in heavy building materials, asphalt, construction, or building materials distribution channels.
• Demonstrable high communication skills (verbal and written).
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
• Valid Driver’s license
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred.
• Role operates primarily a professional office environment but requires conducting business at manufacturing locations and job sites where the conditions include moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, and elevated noise levels.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
No search firms, please.
Lehigh Hanson is a drug-free workplace.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled