Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Westchester-IL
Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix ready-mix, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Office Supervisor role is based in Westchester, IL, and reports directly to the Sales Manager.
What you’ll get to do
• Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved, and clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
• Manage Logistics and Billing departments for Illinois and Northwest Indiana.
• Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
• Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency.
• Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency.
• Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events.
• Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides, excel reports.
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, calendars, and appointments.
• Partner with HR to maintain company policies as necessary.
• Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval, and staff transfers.
• Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates. Ensure the top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance.
• Organize orientation of new employees at as well as handle all tasks related to new employee onboarding.
• Review and approve office supply acquisitions.
• Manage payroll for employees for multiple locations.
• Ability to learn functions of customer truck scales and ability to operate customer truck scales.
• Accurately take customer orders over the phone.
Essential Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• At least two years of previous supervisory experience in office management.
• Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and priorities work.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Proficient in MS Office, word excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
• Computer skills and knowledge, KRONOS, SAP
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled