Line Of Business: Cement Operations
Primary Location: Mitchell-IN
Pay Class: Salaried Exempt
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Cement Plant Purchasing Manager.
Responsible for overall plant purchasing programs. Works in partnership with plant management to deliver professional, ethical purchasing services and provide supervision for the plant Purchasing Department. The Purchasing Manager will also participate in the development and positioning of strategic purchasing practices for plant initiatives including major projects, capital activities, and the development of local and regional contracts.
This position will be based at the cement plant in Mitchell, IN.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
• Participate in purchasing planning and budget development as well as strategic purchasing practices for all plant initiatives.
• Purchase and develop contracts for plant materials including raw materials, maintenance contractors, parts, scrap, etc. Prepare, execute, and standardize authorized contract documentation for the tendering process.
• Implement best purchasing practices throughout the supply chain. Keep abreast of new trends in purchasing techniques and continue to work with projects to achieve standardization and cost reduction.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Manage direct report of Plant Stores Supervisor. Coordinate purchasing activities with storeroom activities, optimize spare parts inventory level, i.e. vendor stocking, consignment agreements, just in time delivery
• Research the supplier market for a proper source of materials/services to be ordered.
• Interact with company representatives and vendors
• Analyze purchase requisitions for accuracy and proper pricing method. Check and compare quotations for completeness and accuracy and perform negotiations with the suppliers.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• College degree in Finance or Business related Field. Purchasing Management Certification through PMAC, APS, or ISM or equivalent preferred.
• Five (5) years of experience in the Purchasing/Inventory Control field. Commensurate levels of experience and skills will be considered.
• Interest in hands-on interaction with manufacturing operations.
• Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
• Successful management of personnel towards the successful achievement of goals and objectives.
• Basic understanding of American Contract Law
• Demonstrated negotiating skills.
• Must have basic accounting skills.
• Ability to interact with company representatives and vendors in a satisfactory manner that results in the cooperation of all parties (people skills / team-based)
• Ability to work in a self-motivated way towards agreed objectives.
• Ability to produce and analyze data and reports, resolve discrepancies, and pay attention to details.
• Ability to manage the company's inventory and acquisition dollars in a manner that results in the lowest total cost.
• Computer skills (PC, ERP, and Microsoft Office tools). SAP Preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
Lehigh Hanson is a drug-free workplace.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
Employer Statement :
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled