Line Of Business: Cement Operations
Department: Health, Safety and Environment
Primary Location: Cupertino-CA
Pay Class: Salaried Non-Exempt
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Site Water Management Operator role is based in Cupertino, CA and reports directly to the Site Water Management Manager.
The Site Water Management Operator (SWM Operator) will be responsible for all aspects of plant and quarry water management and treatment systems. The successful candidate will operate, monitor, maintain and trouble-shoot water treatment systems, retention ponds, and pumps. The SWM Operator has considerable independence and will ensure that systems and treated water meets compliance.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
• Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with the current operating permit, including federal, state and local regulations governing the industrial water treatment process and storm water; this includes testing TSS, total chlorine, pH, Turbidity and trace metals.
• Assist in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance on all water treatment equipment such as water analyzers, pumps, blowers, water wells, retention ponds and testing equipment and will also conduct necessary daily checks of the treatment and de-watering systems.
• Maintain open communication with the Site Water Management Manager regarding the treatment process, collected sampling data, ponds, pumps and any malfunctions.
• Complete responsibilities and duties while strictly adhering to all company safety policies and procedures, ensuring compliance the safety and health of all employees and visitors to site.
• Complete all assigned work in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Duties and responsibilities are modifiable at the sole discretion of management.
Essential Experience and Skills
• The successful candidate must at minimum possess a high school diploma or GED
• Must have demonstrated experience working with mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
• The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and to regularly make sound decisions on the operation of the water treatment processes and equipment.
• Candidate should possess basic chemistry knowledge and understand basic laboratory sampling protocols.
• Need a safe driving record. Capable of driving off roads in a safe manner.
• Ability to operate heavy equipment
• Strong preference will be given to individuals with prior experience managing storm water via retention ponds, pumps, pipelines, and water treatment systems.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled