Line Of Business: Cement Operations
Primary Location: Burnsville-MN
Pay Class: Salaried Non-Exempt
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
The Terminal Associate role is based in Burnsville, MN and reports directly to the Terminal Supervisor and will be responsible for daily tasks having to do with maintenance of equipment and loading and unloading of bulk and packaged cement. The successful applicant will learn all facets of terminal operations including but not limited to the following:
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
• Participates in the loading and unloading of cement products from bulk trucks; coordinates bulk loading activities with customer drivers and sales personnel. Inspect bulk trucks before loading. Operate controls to convey proper cement to bulk silos, domes, or bulk trucks.
• Responsible for ensuring customer orders are filled accurately. Promptly addresses customer concerns and refers more complex problems to the supervisor for resolution.
• Ensures shipping and receiving paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Be involved in and aware of all aspects of the day-to-day cement terminal operation.
Essential Experience and Skills
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
• Previous forklift experience, certification a plus
• Willing and capable of working extended hours and weekends if needed
• Capable of accessing heights - top of railcars, stairways to silo top elevations, etc.
• Capable of lifting to 100 pounds regularly
• Demonstrated commitment and ability to follow safe working practices in a team environment.
What we have to offer
• Competitive base salary
• Highly competitive benefits programs
• 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled